You are here
About The College of Computer Engineering and Sciences
The College of Computer Engineering and Sciences at Al-Kharj was established, under Royal Decree No. 8626/B dated 27/09/1428 H, and appended to King Saud University at that time. The study began in the college at the beginning of the academic year 1429/1430 H. In the middle of the 1st semester of the academic year 1430/1431 H a Royal Decree was issued to transfer all colleges in the provinces south of Riyadh city to independent university under the name of Al-Kharj University, and thus became the College of Computer Engineering and Sciences among the colleges of Al-Kharj University, and in 1433 H a Royal Decree was issued for amending its name to "Prince Sattam bin Abdulaziz University". Since its establishment the college experienced a major development in the number of students, alumni, faculties and staff, and reflected this development on all aspects of the college and its facilities in terms of the quality of teaching and application of quality standards.
The College of Computer Engineering and Sciences, at Prince Sattam bin Abdulaziz University, is working on preparation of qualified and competitors graduates at the national and regional levels through the provision of academic programs that are compatible with quality standards, encouragement of scientific research , and building of community partnerships.
Excellence in the fields of computing at the national and regional levels.
1. Sincerity: quality and excellence in performance.
2. Transparency and Justice: documentation and dissemination of regulations and procedures, and fair treatment for all.
3. Teamwork: working in team, cooperation among all employees of the college, with the delineation of responsibilities.
4. Creativity and Innovation: providing an environment for caring and encouraging creativity and innovation.
5. Professional Ethics : commitment to professional ethics .
I-Development of Learning and Teaching
1. Adoption of educational philosophy that compatibles with the College specialization.
2. Development of study programs to be compatible with the labor market requirements and community needs.
3.Building an academic advising system at the College.
4.Increasing the number and diversity of specialized textbooks.
II- Development of Teaching Staff and Supportive Administrative Cadres
1. Providing qualified faculty members holding a doctorate degree.
2. Developing the skills of faculty members.
3. Encouraging faculty members to outstanding performance in teaching.
4. Development of administrative and supportive technical staff.
III- Giving Importance to Student Activities and Developing their Skills
1. Development of human skills for students.
2. Development of mechanisms to encourage students for excellence.
3. Organizing and structuring student activities.
4. Establishment of the knowledge club at the College.
IV- Application of Quality Standards and Achievement of Academic
1. Application of quality standards.
2. Achievement of Academic Accreditation Nationally and Internationally.
V-Encouraging Scientific Research
1. Creating a favorable environment for scientific research.
2. Linking scientific research to the needs of the labor market.
3. Engaging students in funded scientific research.
VI- Contribution to Community Service and Building Local and International Partnerships
1. Activating community partnerships.
2. Building academic partnerships with similar local and international colleges.
3. Establishment of expertise houses to meet the needs of the community in the fields of college specialization.
· Introduce nationally and internationally competitive educational programs.
· Provide the market with qualified professionals.
· Instantiate recognized research groups and centers.
· Create an encouraging academic environment for staff.
· Provide consultancy and collaboration with industry and society.
· Participate in the development of the national economy
College consists of four departments which grant bachelor's degrees:
The college board consists of:
Dean of the College.Vice Dean,Chairs of academic departments.